The Canadian Mental Health Association has said that about 50% of the Canadian population will have or have had a mental illness by the age of 40. (Source: https://cmha.ca/about-cmha/fast-facts-about-mental-illness/)
Tim Bergmann discovered his own battle with depression and anxiety in his early 30s, and while he’s found help and healing, it’s still something he struggles with today. With Biblical perspective and wisdom, Tim shares some of his struggle and what he’s learned along the way.
In this interview I did for the Promise Keepers Canada podcast, Tim addresses questions like:
- Where is God in all of this?
- What have I done wrong to be struggling with this?
Tim also talks about:
- Overcoming negative thought patterns.
- The difference between being “set aside” and “set apart”.
- Some of the fundamental beliefs he had to come back to that gave him hope and strength for moving forward.